The 4soniq gives you four separate channels of sound for your Apple IIgs, instead of the usual one.
Each of the 32 oscillators available in the Apple IIgs’ Ensoniq Digital Oscillator Chip (DOC) can be assigned to play on any one of 8 output channels. One 4soniq card unlocks 4 of those channels. Pair it with a second 4soniq card to unlock all 8!
To enjoy four channel sound with the 4soniq, you will need four powered speakers (e.g. two sets of 2.1 computer speakers setup up as Front Left, Front Right, Surround Left and Surround Right), and the appropriate software.
Four channel sound is now supported in Ninjaforce’s Kaboom! and has been tested successfully on modified versions of Ninjaforce’s NinjaTracker * and Sheppyware’s AmperSound GS. See the Manila Gear downloads section for more software.
For software that does not support four channel sound yet, the 4soniq functions equally well as a two channel stereo card.
- 4 Channel Output (via 2x 3.5mm stereo jacks)
- Single Channel Input (via 1x 3.5mm mono jack)
- Ability to pair with another 4soniq to get 8 Channel Output **
- Ability to power externally for slotless operation ***
What’s In The Box:
- 1x 4soniq
- 1x J-25 Connector Cable
- 1x Backplate Cable Assembly
* Requires appropriately modded .SSM sound files
** Requires a 4soniq-to-4soniq connector cable, sold separately
*** May require longer cables, +5/-5VDC power supply sold separately